Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    But just having big buff dudes running around fighting shirtless is not good story.
    Yea...sure, because that happened...when?
    ...o wait...You mean Illidan...ok.

Yes, he did get a bell dropped on him.
    After he single handedly destroyed garroshs plans which he spent a ton of time, effort, and resources getting.

He was a kid. Also anduin has accomplished many things, he convinced the dark iron to join the alliance, he faced down garrosh and made the man break his temper, multiple times. He faught the legion, the horde, sylvanas, the forces of the shadowlands. Anduin had it far worse then thrall did in the maw.
    I want good story telling with action and combat to boot. But just having big buff dudes running around fighting shirtless is not good story.
    That stood out as the funniest bit to me. He pissed Garrosh off multiple times, and Garrosh almost killed him for it. I'm not sure that's something to brag about. "I pissed that guy off so many times, he beat my ass! I kept doing it, and he beat my ass some more!"

As do I. The characters don't have to be shirtless, but if you're built like a brickhouse, why hide it? I can't picture Orcs in t-shirts. On the flip side, I don't want my heroes to cry and sniffle. Congratulations to Anduin, he and everyone else fought the Legion, the Horde, Sylvanas, and The Jailer, many died fighting like on The Broken Shore. Most of them didn't cry as much as he does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That stood out as the funniest bit to me. He pissed Garrosh off multiple times, and Garrosh almost killed him for it. I'm not sure that's something to brag about. "I pissed that guy off so many times, he beat my ass! I kept doing it, and he beat my ass some more!"

As do I. The characters don't have to be shirtless, but if you're built like a brickhouse, why hide it? I can't picture Orcs in t-shirts. On the flip side, I don't want my heroes to cry and sniffle. Congratulations to Anduin, he and everyone else fought the Legion, the Horde, Sylvanas, and The Jailer, many died fighting like on The Broken Shore. Most of them didn't cry as much as he does.
    I think you forget garrosh and anduin interacted more then just during the bell incident.

I really don't think you have a greater knowledge of the lore and only obsess over muscular sweaty shirtless dudes wrestling.

You cant picture orcs in shirts? But you praised Guldan earlier.
    Also again, where did anduin "cry and mope" about his father's death?
    You keep saying anduin cries and mopes all the time, but have yet to show when. Literally the only time we have seen him do so yet is The war within cinematic.

I think you forget garrosh and anduin interacted more then just during the bell incident.

I really don't think you have a greater knowledge of the lore and only obsess over muscular sweaty shirtless dudes wrestling.

You cant picture orcs in shirts? But you praised Guldan earlier.
    Also again, where did anduin "cry and mope" about his father's death?
    All of Legion, he cried on The Broken Shore, he wasn't on the frontlines or on Argus. Battle for Azeroth, he tried to step up only for Sylvanas to shrink him down to size. He gets kidnapped and hasn't stopped crying about it since, quivering before Thrall in TWW cinematic in breathtaking 4k high definition.

Gul'dan is the vilest, most evil son of a bitch to ever walk on mortal grounds, despite his crippling disease, coming of age he endured much worse than Anduin and it fueled him to become one of the most destructive mortals that ever lived. Anduin can't hold a candle to his power or ambition. Anduin can't even hold a candle as a character to other humans. Turalyon picked up because he dropped the ball.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of Legion, he cried on The Broken Shore, he wasn't on the frontlines or on Argus. Battle for Azeroth, he tried to step up only for Sylvanas to shrink him down to size. He gets kidnapped and hasn't stopped crying about it since, quivering before Thrall in TWW cinematic in breathtaking 4k high definition.

Gul'dan is the vilest, most evil son of a bitch to ever walk on mortal grounds, despite his crippling disease, coming of age he endured much worse than Anduin and it fueled him to become one of the most destructive mortals that ever lived. Anduin can't hold a candle to his power or ambition. Anduin can't even hold a candle as a character to other humans. Turalyon picked up because he dropped the ball.
    1- all of legion? Bro it was one fucking quest.
    2-yeah he wasn't on the shore or argus, only like 5 people were. Are you gunna say jaina was a crybaby cause she was not on arugs
    3- sylvanas to shrink him down to size? What? What are you on about. Sylvanas lost to anduin, not the other way around.
    4-he wasn't crying about being kidnapped. He was crying about being transformed Into a puppet, something sylvanas has literally done nothing but cry about since warcraft 3.
    5- lol Guldan did not encounter worse then anduin growing up.
    Mate you really don't fucking know what your talking about, if you pretend the "average human" had it worse then anduin, which is blatently not true.
    Garrosh couldn't hold a candle to guldans power, guess garrosh was a baby little crying bitch too then.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    In Cataclysm they turned him into the literal green Jesus savior, holding up a McGuffin that shot the big evil dragon through the chest, out of the sky, into a maelstrom. Some would call it "heroic, the good guy rising to the occasion!" I call it horseshit fanfic writing.
    Why is the same guy who killed Deathwing wasting his time talking to this emotionally-broken, sorry excuse for a would-be boy-king who has yet to prove his worth in any battle before, for any purpose other than to play the role of the green wise advisor to the until-now horribly-written boy-king who can't get shit done, cries and mopes all the time about losing his daddy? Anduin's entire character journey has been prophesized he'll do something "great one day." Good lord, to get to that day, the development has been the utter shits. It makes Anakin Skywalker in the prequel trilogies look Shakespearean. I am convinced Anduin is supposed to be a villain, and Blizzard just doesn't know it because why would they? It's not like their lore is consistent. How many times was Wrathion meant to be given top billing in the story and set up as something great only to fizzle out without much note? (he was currently replaced by an out-of-nowhere fucking Tauren Dragon because people stopped giving a shit.) Anduin and Wrathion are mirror images of poorly written "main characters" who have been so badly received, they forced Blizzard to course correct when backed into a narrative corner. I'm just waiting for some writer on their team with any brains to say, "why don't we have Anduin just fucking snap and go on a Light-bound crusade, killing motherfuckers left and right, crushed under the weight of his own destiny that he is unable to live up to, and Turalyon and Velen have to put him down?" And yet Thrall has to hold the jock strap to this fucking loser.

I did the questline, what Orc characters were introduced and/or elevated? Give me some fucking names and feats, it's not my job to go back and redo old shit to try to dig up a name of some fucking Orc flunky who killed a couple of harpies in the desert. Saying "did you do the questline" is paramount to "no, no, this is great! Did you see it!? Look, you have to do it, it's great!"

Whereas I can name a who's who of fucking epic Orc characters from Blackhand, to Deadeye, to Gul'dan, to Ner'zhul, to Bladefist, to Hellscream (father and son), and so forth who were involved in high profile stories people give a shit about in the big picture of lore, both in the original RTS AND WoW, and accompanying media. Meanwhile, they pull a book out of their ass every other year or so often, and you can only tell me "did you do this questline!?" when I ask you for names of any Orc character worth dick since Garrosh.

Here, I'll give you one. Geya'rah, and she hasn't done shit because she's female Thrall. Her role is essentially WoW's Batgirl, just a female equivalent to a notable character of the same race. Even Zaela was more interesting than Geya'rah.
    Thrall is a Moses allegory; not a Jesus allegory....

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Anduin get a bell dropped on him and have his bones turned to creamed corn? He came out looking like a million bucks from that encounter.

Varok is the only name on that list worth a damn. The rest are supporting characters at best who have no feats or matter in the grand scheme of things.

"all you want is murder and killing and that's it from your Warcraft game!"

Fuck yeah! Bad ass characters doing badass shit to a decent story backdrop. Not great, decent. I don't know what the hell you want but our tastes don't jive, hence why you still play, and I don't.
    Bit insecure are we?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Tbc, cata, mop, wod, legion, shadowlands. Garrosh, illidan being the biggest offenders, but there is MANY others.
    Yea sure "many others..." translates to "I don't know but I'm never wrong so trust me..."

But, you're still wrong, so no.

"all you want is murder and killing and that's it from your Warcraft game!"

Fuck yeah! Bad ass characters doing badass shit to a decent story backdrop. Not great, decent. I don't know what the hell you want but our tastes don't jive, hence why you still play, and I don't.
    I understand where you're coming from, but that's going to land us in a scenario where it feels monotonous or samey after awhile, even if it were executed well, and frankly Garrosh and Sylv simply were not good villains if you care about decent story

They could have been, but the villainbatting rather than having a grey conflict ruined it

I'd love to see a war where sides change territory and have mixes of satisfying wins and losses, withnew characters rising and old characters getting satisfying ends, wherher tragic or glorious, or retire happily from wounds...

But that's not gonna happen for AWHILE after the Sylvanas melodrama, and this Horde/Alliance peace angle does have some silver linings

There's potentially interesting cross faction team ups, but more importantly we're going to get more cultural flavor and the fact that Jorin is around implies it won't all be sweetness and light
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yea sure "many others..." translates to "I don't know but I'm never wrong so trust me..."

But, you're still wrong, so no.
    ??? "I don't know but I'm never wrong so trust me"
    Bro.
    Do I really need to pull up a list of every buff shirtless dude in wow for you now?
    Cause if so you are actually insane.
    I mean the main villian of the most recent expansion before dragonflight was a giant buff shirtless dude.
    if you really gunna sit here and call me a liar, that "the only shirtless people in the game are garrosh and illidan"
    I will sit here and write up an entire fucking list but you better fucking respond, and you better show some respect

??? "I don't know but I'm never wrong so trust me" Bro. Do I really need to pull up a list of every buff shirtless dude in wow for you now?
    Just admit you made an empty claim...as usual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Just admit you made an empty claim...as usual.
    Alright, here we fucking go, cause you refuse to accept that there may be more then 2 shirtless buff dudes in WoW.

Archimonde
    Kiljaden
    mannoroth
    Balnazzar
    Magtheridon
    Azgalor
    Hakkar the Houndmaster
    Kazzak
    Akama
    Norzdomu
    Dargrul
    Navarrogg
    Falstad
    Illidan
    Malfurion
    Xavius
    Fandral
    Silgryn
    Remulos
    Zaetar
    Celebras
    Neptulon
    Thunderaan
    Smolderon
    Zovaal
    Denatrhius
    Sargeras
    Khaz'goroth
    Aggramar
    Hodir
    Raden
    Cenarius
    Bolvar
    Varian
    Lei Shen
    Mug'thol
    Cho'gall
    Mogor
    Dentarg
    Gruul
    Grommash
    Nerzhul
    Blackhand
    Thrall
    Durotan
    Killrog
    Rend
    Broxigar
    Drekthar
    Eitrigg
    Fenris
    Rehgar
    Khargath
    Tagar
    Garrosh
    Medan
    Rexxar
    Leoroxx
    Baine
    Cairne
    Trag
    Huln
    Torok
    Ulan
    Zul'jin
    Vol'jin
    Rastakhan
    Vilnak'dor

Pretty much every and all ogre, orc, tauren, and demon as well. and COUNTLESS charecters far smaller then the ones listed above.

Like seriously the fact you think I was being a fucking liar to say "wow has a lot of buff shirtless dudes" is fucking obscene, like have you even fucking played wow before?

We literally had a whole fucking expansion with 6 shirtless buff dudes on the logo, and your sitting here trying to go
    "lol liar, there is only 2 buff shirtless dudes in wow!"
    this is fucking pathetic levels of head cannon you have come up with.
    "Empty claim as usual" coming from the guy who never backs up ANY of their claims, is fucking rich.

1- all of legion? Bro it was one fucking quest.
    2-yeah he wasn't on the shore or argus, only like 5 people were. Are you gunna say jaina was a crybaby cause she was not on arugs
    3- sylvanas to shrink him down to size? What? What are you on about. Sylvanas lost to anduin, not the other way around.
    4-he wasn't crying about being kidnapped. He was crying about being transformed Into a puppet, something sylvanas has literally done nothing but cry about since warcraft 3.
    5- lol Guldan did not encounter worse then anduin growing up.
    Mate you really don't fucking know what your talking about, if you pretend the "average human" had it worse then anduin, which is blatently not true.
    Garrosh couldn't hold a candle to guldans power, guess garrosh was a baby little crying bitch too then.
    It's enough, he cries too often.
    Sylvanas has made Anduin her bitch every time I've checked.
    Crying about being a puppet, about being kidnapped, about losing his dad, about losing The Light, the point is, the man cries a lot. In the real world, that's fine, in the World of Warcraft, suck it up.
    I'm guessing you're not familiar with Gul'dan's upbringing? He was literally excommunicated for being crippled.
    The average human has had it worse than Anduin, easily. Take any citizen of Westfall who during the wars against The Lich King and Deathwing, literally don't have a warm meal and a roof over their head. Now you're telling me Anduin's life is less cushy than the homeless?
    Garrosh didn't cry, he bellowed in masculinity when pissed off. With that said, I don't know what that has to do with anything, Gul'dan would wreck most mortals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thrall is a Moses allegory; not a Jesus allegory....

- - - Updated - - -

Bit insecure are we?
    He got upgraded from Moses to Jesus in Cataclysm, that's called powering up! Then he got powered down to Barabbas in WoD, and now he's ticked back up to Peter as he will serve as Anduin's advisor.

Insecure because I don't want crying and whining from the protagonists in a World of Warcraft game? If I want crying, I'll go do a Jitters quest in Darkshire.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, here we fucking go, cause you refuse to accept that there may be more then 2 shirtless buff dudes in WoW.

Archimonde
    Kiljaden
    mannoroth
    Balnazzar
    Magtheridon
    Azgalor
    Hakkar the Houndmaster
    Kazzak
    Akama
    Norzdomu
    Dargrul
    Navarrogg
    Falstad
    Illidan
    Malfurion
    Xavius
    Fandral
    Silgryn
    Remulos
    Zaetar
    Celebras
    Neptulon
    Thunderaan
    Smolderon
    Zovaal
    Denatrhius
    Sargeras
    Khaz'goroth
    Aggramar
    Hodir
    Raden
    Cenarius
    Bolvar
    Varian
    Lei Shen
    Mug'thol
    Cho'gall
    Mogor
    Dentarg
    Gruul
    Grommash
    Nerzhul
    Blackhand
    Thrall
    Durotan
    Killrog
    Rend
    Broxigar
    Drekthar
    Eitrigg
    Fenris
    Rehgar
    Khargath
    Tagar
    Garrosh
    Medan
    Rexxar
    Leoroxx
    Baine
    Cairne
    Trag
    Huln
    Torok
    Ulan
    Zul'jin
    Vol'jin
    Rastakhan
    Vilnak'dor

Pretty much every and all ogre, orc, tauren, and demon as well. and COUNTLESS charecters far smaller then the ones listed above.

Like seriously the fact you think I was being a fucking liar to say "wow has a lot of buff shirtless dudes" is fucking obscene, like have you even fucking played wow before?

We literally had a whole fucking expansion with 6 shirtless buff dudes on the logo, and your sitting here trying to go
    "lol liar, there is only 2 buff shirtless dudes in wow!"
    this is fucking pathetic levels of head cannon you have come up with.
    "Empty claim as usual" coming from the guy who never backs up ANY of their claims, is fucking rich.
    Why do you care if WoW has a lot of buff, shirtless dudes? Is that offensive to you? I don't understand this obsession. Are you going to picket at Blizzcon against shirtless guys, and all Orcs need t-shirts? Are you an undercover Hanes executive of sales?
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2024-07-05 at 11:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's enough, he cries too often.
    Sylvanas has made Anduin her bitch every time I've checked.
    Crying about being a puppet, about being kidnapped, about losing his dad, about losing The Light, the point is, the man cries a lot. In the real world, that's fine, in the World of Warcraft, suck it up.
    I'm guessing you're not familiar with Gul'dan's upbringing? He was literally excommunicated for being crippled.
    The average human has had it worse than Anduin, easily. Take any citizen of Westfall who during the wars against The Lich King and Deathwing, literally don't have a warm meal and a roof over their head. Now you're telling me Anduin's life is less cushy than the homeless?
    Garrosh didn't cry, he bellowed in masculinity when pissed off. With that said, I don't know what that has to do with anything, Gul'dan with wreck most mortals.

- - - Updated - - -

He got upgraded from Moses to Jesus in Cataclysm, that's called powering up! Then he got powered down to Barabbas in WoD, and now he's ticked back up to Peter as he will serve as Anduin's advisor.

Insecure because I don't want crying and whining from the protagonists in a World of Warcraft game? If I want crying, I'll go do a Jitters quest in Darkshire.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you care if WoW has a lot of buff, shirtless dudes? Is that offensive to you? I don't understand this obsession. Are you going to picket at Blizzcon against shirtless guys, and all Orcs need t-shirts? Are you an undercover Hanes executive of sales?
    1- crying once over your father dying while you are a kid is not "too often"
    2-except when anduin Sieged undercity and made sylvanas bomb her own city.
    Or when he beat sylvanas plans multiple time in BFA. But please, when in bfa did sylvanas "beat anduin" you say he did many times, would love to hear em.
    3- except he didn't cry about any of those except for when his father originally died. And in the war within cinematic, again what are you fucking on about?
    4-yes. But Guldan was a full adult when that happened. Anduin had countless things happen to him before he was an adult. You cant compare what happened to a person during their entire life. To what a kid experienced in only 10 years.
    Lol garrosh didn't cry? Someone does not know about garrosh pre-wow lore.

"Idk what this has to do with Guldan, he would crush most mortals" yeah I sure do wonder why YOU brought up Guldan saying anduin was nothing compared to him. I just did the same for garrosh, so you are literally arguing against yourself at this point.

Lol no idc, he asked for a list, so I gave him a list.
    Maybe you should extend your attention span so you can read further back then 1 post, and so you might remember it was you who used "Guldan could beat X" as a sign of manliness.

1- crying once over your father dying while you are a kid is not "too often"
    2-except when anduin Sieged undercity and made sylvanas bomb her own city.
    Or when he beat sylvanas plans multiple time in BFA. But please, when in bfa did sylvanas "beat anduin" you say he did many times, would love to hear em.
    3- except he didn't cry about any of those except for when his father originally died. And in the war within cinematic, again what are you fucking on about?
    4-yes. But Guldan was a full adult when that happened. Anduin had countless things happen to him before he was an adult. You cant compare what happened to a person during their entire life. To what a kid experienced in only 10 years.
    Lol garrosh didn't cry? Someone does not know about garrosh pre-wow lore.

"Idk what this has to do with Guldan, he would crush most mortals" yeah I sure do wonder why YOU brought up Guldan saying anduin was nothing compared to him. I just did the same for garrosh, so you are literally arguing against yourself at this point.

Maybe you should extend your attention span so you can read further back then 1 post, and so you might remember it was you who used "Guldan could beat X" as a sign of manliness.
    You brought up Gul'dan when I tongue-in-cheek said I couldn't picture Orcs in shirts. I affirmed Gul'dan is a badass, whether in a shirt or not, who was more badass than Anduin will ever be. Anduin is a chump who cries all the time. His age doesn't matter, I said this once before, Varian lost his father when he was younger than Anduin and it made him into a man. Anduin lost Varian when he was older than Varian was when he lost Llane, and it made Anduin into a bitch. Sylvanas openly mocked him for it, to his face for it. She respected and feared Varian to a degree. She thought Anduin was no threat to her. Did she blight bomb Undercity? Yeah, so the Alliance couldn't take it after Sylvanas wiped the ground on Darnassus with Night Elf Blood. Anduin stormed Undercity to try to take it out of retaliation, and Sylvanas told him fuck you, and blight bombed the motherfucker. Present day Eastern Kingdoms, who still runs Undercity/Ruins of Lordaeron? Who really won there?

7+ Year Old Account
    You brought up Gul'dan when I tongue-in-cheek said I couldn't picture Orcs in shirts. I affirmed Gul'dan is a badass, whether in a shirt or not, who was more badass than Anduin will ever be. Anduin is a chump who cries all the time. His age doesn't matter, I said this once before, Varian lost his father when he was younger than Anduin and it made him into a man. Anduin lost Varian when he was older than Varian was when he lost Llane, and it made Anduin into a bitch. Sylvanas openly mocked him for it, to his face for it. She respected and feared Varian to a degree. She thought Anduin was no threat to her. Did she blight bomb Undercity? Yeah, so the Alliance couldn't take it after Sylvanas wiped the ground on Darnassus with Night Elf Blood. Anduin stormed Undercity to try to take it out of retaliation, and Sylvanas told him fuck you, and blight bombed the motherfucker. Present day Eastern Kingdoms, who still runs Undercity/Ruins of Lordaeron? Who really won there?
    I love how your twist reality so much that in your head having to nuke your own city is somehow a victory.
    She lost, end of story. She didn't "win" by losing her city. Seriously. Like you are nothing but dishonest.
    I really can't be assed for this.

I love how your twist reality so much that in your head having to nuke your own city is somehow a victory.
    She lost, end of story. She didn't "win" by losing her city. Seriously. Like you are nothing but dishonest.
    I really can't be assed for this.
    Undead don't need to breathe, the living need to breathe. It was a Forsaken victory to blight bomb Undercity to keep the Alliance from successfully taking it even when they were on the cusp of seizing it. Undead are still there now, not Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Undead don't need to breathe, the living need to breathe. It was a Forsaken victory to blight bomb Undercity to keep the Alliance from successfully taking it even when they were on the cusp of seizing it. Undead are still there now, not Alliance.
    Idk if you know... But the undead are ALSO effected by the blight...
    They are not immune to it, the undercity was literally INHABITABLE TO ANYONE, UNDEAD INCLUDED until calia with the help of the maldraxxi cleanses the city.
    Not only do we see during the siege undead vaporized by friendly fire blight, they also had to flee, as anyone who remained when the blight blew up died.
    For all of BFA and Shadowlands, Undercity was unhabitable. During BFA and Shadowlands you could find tons of undead refugees having to live on top of the gates of orgrimmar.
    Like seriously, did you think the undead deploying the blight were wearing gas masks and full body protection cause... they thought it looked cool?

bro you literally just don't know the lore.

Timestamp 16:46 for the cleansing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The blight isn't just "gas". It's also extremely toxic and downright acidic, it'll turn any biological mass into a pile of goo in seconds, undead or not.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Copy pasted a bunch of names...and not one of them pictured shirtless. But I suppose like most of your responses, it's all about your imagination.