The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i fucking hate all of then

But i liked best the venthyr transmog armor and mount

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Night Fae had really nice class ability animations. I liked the idea that your character could learn brand new schools of magic like with Blessing of Seasons for Night Fae paladins, not just getting yet more light spells. It would be nice if all of the animations came back, like Death's Due (Night Fae Death Knight ability) for Death and Decay. It would be cool if we got more Covenant themed animations/glyphs too.
    Most abilities should have full "rostrum of transformation"-style window while you could apply several changes from selecting base model - classic/mop-era/covenant/df-era model, another dropdown for selecting color, and several other checkboxes and dropdowns. Separate window for EACH ability. They seem to already move somewhat in that direction with separate customization for forms, etc. But it would be just great to have this for EACH ability. This would also open shittons of opportunities for unlocks - from quest/achievements/exploring, from inscription, from other professions, etc.

For example covenant-style base model could be obtained from SL campaign, etc.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Venthyr by a landslide, and it's not even close. It had the only interesting lore in a very bad expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going into Shadowlands, I thought Kyrian would be, but it ended up being Necrolords.
    Here is something to believe in!

I'd have liked the feature much more if it was focused on the flavor, like class halls were. But because power was tied to it, I had to pick something that works in PvP, doesn't entirely gimp me in PvE, and works (both power wise and gameplay wise) on all specs I'm interesting in playing. E.g. for assassination rogue, Necrolord felt great, but for outlaw, it felt horrible because it kept breaking my gouges.

To answer the question - I liked Venthyr the most in general. Kyrians were great due to aesthetics, but I didn't like their story - although they felt the most like an actual afterlife.

Theme: Necrolords. As a DK main it was really good imo. Strong thematic presence, awesome transmogs(plate and bonewings=perfect) and death. The death theme is not what I usually go with when choosing stuff like this, but Maldraxxus/Necrolords I did enjoy a lot. Also for DK, one of my favorite abilities in game, Abomination Limb!

Favorite though? Venthyr. I had Venthyr on more than half my characters. Vampires, gothic, cool npcs and nice transmogs. I do enjoy vampires, so Venthyr is a natural choice. Revendreath was great except the layers of areas, and Castle Nathria was awesome. I also did enjoy the party event a lot

I think Covenant was great as a housing feature, but it was the power attached that ended it, but for me that was a rubbish reason. I dont mind some power differences and I highly doubt the majority who doesnt do high end raiding did mind a lot either, but eventually it lost its meaning when you could trade back and forth, and I personally was done with Shadowlands then. It was a shame because I did like Covenants a lot. Choosing your house, your allegiances and your powers is really cool imo.

And Covenant was not in any way the reason why SL did so bad, because it had a strong start, the raid was popular and people did a lot of m+. Together with the Covenants who probably was a better feature for the casual it was quite enjoyable. The content draught and the 9.1 was really bad and Blizzard was under fire to put it mildly. And the overall story was a bloody mess.

Some tweaks to a feature like Covenant and it would fit the game again imo. Obviously not the same thing, doubt people want to deal with The Janitor again.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2024-07-02 at 01:47 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Shadowlands is a completely different setting, with different schools of magic and the factions do not have the baggage that Azeroth's races and organizations have. There is a lot of flexibility here. In the Shadowlands, I can see evilish classes like Demon Hunter who lost everything and followed Illidan in his quest for revenge and became a wanderer after the Legion was defeated and then consumed with rage during the Fourth War choosing to join the Kyrian Covenant in search of peace and redemption. Or joining the Night Fae Covenant to join on their Wild Hunts, becoming rehabilitated into a better person. Or choosing to join the Venthyr should they believe in harsher discipline. I can see non-druid and hunter classes like Paladin and Death Knight choosing to explore the Night Fae and learn an alien type of magic and explore their Soulshapes, or an Orc warrior who marched with Sylvanas through Ashenvale, Darkshore, and burned Teldrassil being remorseful and becoming curious and choosing to go Night Fae. And so on. A Druid who became embittered during the Fourth War could become more grim and choose to join the Necrolord's army to learn their tactics and spells and become a better warrior. And so on. It is way easier to headcanon why any race/class combo would join most Covenants, rather than race/class combos being shoved into certain Class Order Halls with which they have a lot of historical animosity and cultural boundaries.
    .... Yeah, no. Still fucking awful and hilariously missmatched.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I only played Venthyr. Couldn't be arsed to covenant-swap on my main and I didn't play any alts during Shadowlands. Though while I can't speak for how the experience in the other covenants was, I didn't really like the zones besides Revendreth. That alone suggests the others are inferior to Venthyr.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Thematically, aesthetically, and story-wise, the Venthyr were a clear favourite for me. Helps that it was closely tied together with Castle Nathria and Sire Denathrius, my favourite raid and boss of the expansion, and situated in Revendreth, my favourite zone of the expansion.

They also had my favourite of the covenant bonus features in the Ember Court.

Lastly, as enhancement, Chain Harvest just felt massively impactful in m+. Especially before Flame Shock spread on Lava Lash and covenant legendary catapulted Necrotic Wave to the top in one fell swoop.

I'd still take the semi-support build Chain Harvest enhancement over the current Pwave build any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Hard to say, since the Necrolords were easily my favorite covenant lorewise and Maldraxxus was my second favorite zone, while Revendreth was by far my favorite zone (of all time, not just in Shadowlands) and the Venthyr were my second favorite covenant, so I guess either one would work.

I think covenants were a nice RP touch, unlike the horrible main storyline.

Venthyr, from all classes i played venthyr always had the coolest Covenant Abillity.

Warrior: Sick new Execute Animation + Shadow DMG
    Monk: Spawning Monk Adepts thats jumping around, doing damage and casting soothing mists
    Shaman: Hain Charvest. Looked cool and did tons of dmg/healing... i want that back

I'd prefer they all be erased from game, along with that entire expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Aestetically? Bastion. But overall covenant idea failed completely. I expected covenants to be about playstyle choice, but Blizzard always do exactly the same mistake. They always design such features around player power choice, like if they would be just extended talent systems. So, if player doesn't care about min-maxing, then choice is purely cosmetic, as content itself stays almost the same, except may be campaign. But even campaigns were terrible back in SL.

Solo MMO: no more humiliating queues and toxic competing. Aggro and combat: game would only be better without obsoleted mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr, and Revendreth was my favorite zone by a country mile.

I'm still rocking a Venthyr-themed transmog for my Demon Hunter with the Sin Eater title.

And I am glad they had the common sense to tie them into the nathrezim and make sure that Denathrius survived the expansion.

1+ Year Old Account
    Aesthetic wise probably the Kyrian, but their story was garbage & they don’t really make a whole lot of sense.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2024-07-06 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?