Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,389 of 2,389

nessisonett

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Hey we got a goal. Yes, it was a classic Rudiger but it’s a goal. Germany do look a strong side though, that group of players actually delivering internationally for once is a first but with the luck of the draw, they could go far.

Falcon94

Scotland looked like a pub team and that challenge on Gundogan was horrendous.

Falcon94

nessisonett

@Falcon94 It’s Ryan Porteous, he’s always been like that.

nessisonett

Mixed performance by England, pretty standard for Southgateball. Good solid first half, lax and tired second half. Very very lucky that Serbia couldn’t find that tiny moment of quality in the box, they played England off the pitch in the second half but goals are what matter. England might toil through with a win here but against better opposition, I could see them struggling. They just have to control the match, defence looked a bit slack at times.

Would probably say that Serbia’s height advantage actually was a disadvantage too, their strength seemed to generate more fouls than anything. An awful lot of 50/50s resulting in an England player on the floor due to the build mismatch, which didn’t used to be inherently a foul but referees are definitely blowing for those now.

[Edited by nessisonett]

nessisonett

Mbappe’s nose really did go splat. ITV loving the million zoomed replays of his nose ceasing to exist.

nessisonett

Robbed of an absolutely clear penalty, worst decision I’ve seen in my life. Utterly robbed. VAR not even having a look. Not even that annoyed by the last minute winner, it was a counter cause we had to go for it. Hope Varga is ok.

[Edited by nessisonett]

Tasuki

So we got Argentina vs Colombia for the Copa America final and Spain vs England for the Euro. I am rooting for Colombia (would love to see their winning streak continue) and England but I have a feeling Argentina and Spain will win.

I watched the Copa America semi final just now between Uruguay and Colombia and it was a great game. Very foul heavy but that's to be expected with two South American teams but over all enjoyable.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

What a great final for the Copa America. I would have liked to see Colombia keep their streak but the better team won tonight. Both played really well after and hour delay to the start of the game. I guess a bunch of fans tried to get into the stadium without having tickets to it or something.

I haven't been able to see the Euro final yet but I heard it was just as good. Hopefully I will be able to catch it here soon on a replay.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic