Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 3,620

Anti-Matter

Stranded Sails.
I almost reached final part of the game.

Anti-Matter

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I feel I've significantly improved my build now. I have the Blue Demon Mask from replaying the Sakura Gate Incident mission and sparing Naosuke Ii and Samurai Armor combined with my Western Greatsword - incidentally I didn't know that you can press a combo of buttons at specific moments in the game in order to set your sword ablaze until I played around a bit with the build, plus I've managed to increase the number of Medicinal Pills I get so I feel fully op and ready to take on the next challenge!

How is Planet of Lana developing?

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN That’s awesome! Kind of put Planet of Lana on the back burner momentarily to focus my game time on Shadow of the Erdtree 😄 But that’s going awesome.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Glad to know you are making good progress with SOTE, but, yeah, thanks for letting me know about the scadutree blessings and be sure to keep me updated on your progress with all things Miyazaki-related in yonder appropriate thread! All the best!

Edit: Beat the Kaishu Katsu mission this morning where he's like "Ok, let's just be friends" after you defeat him with Ryoma 🤣. Great fun.

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN on the topic of miyazaki related things, my friend begun playing the games for the first time. He’s on pc, so I’ll be getting the games on a cheap sale whenever the opportunity strikes. Mainly 1 and 2 scholar since those are what he has but conveniently they’re also my favorites xD

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

52 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Yousef- Dark Souls Remastered is probably my favourite. But playing through it twice and getting both endings is more than enough for me. The Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo sections will haunt me forever in terms of environmental navigation - extremely hazardous. I would say Dark Souls 3, whilst not being my favourite is probably one I would replay because of the lack of environmental hazards, even though some of the bosses are much harder. I've yet to play Elden Ring , but a plat for it, along with playing the dlc at some point is definitely on my Wishlist. I've posted all the games I want to play over the next few years here - https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/playstation_4_backlogge...

My post is at the top of the page - it's quite a fun thread.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Just completed the second mission of Chapter Two in Rise of the Ronin and got the quest-related trophy.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Elodin How far have you got now with Rise of the Ronin? You can see my latest progress report above, but I did do a couple more missions of Chapter Two this morning.

Elodin

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN that's a great question. I dont think I'm that far story wise, I'll have to double check and get back to you. I have been mainly wandering collecting bounties, cats, and saving random people. I think I'm approaching level 20. It's a fun world to get lost in. I mainly stick to the duel swords and spear for back up. I should try more weapons really. I'm really enjoying it. How about you?

Elodin

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Elodin I think the side quests are a great way to level up, but I've been mainly sticking to the story, sounds like you are taking very much of a 'Wandering Ronin' type of approach to the game. 😃 .I'm level 26, just had a great boss fight that was like something out of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' but I won't say any more, I'm sure that's not giving anything away anyway, but yeah, you should know the mission I mean when you reach it. I'm rushing through the story a bit when I do play, but still taking regular breaks to savour the experience up to a certain extent. Just acquired a Japanese-style 'Master Greatsword' so I'll be sticking with that for the foreseeable.

Kraven

I’ve been bouncing around a lot with the games I’m playing which is quite uncommon for me. I’ve been in an Nintendo mood, played a few games there and nothing is holding my attention. I jumped back to PS5 and bought Beyond Good and Evil, played two hours, enjoyed it, but again, not holding my attention. I’m not sure what’s going on — maybe I’m just down. I might take a reprieve from gaming for several days and see if that will get me out of my slump.

Kraven

Elodin

@Kraven try another medium, like a good book or show. Helps cleanse the pallette so to speak.

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN nice! I'm looking forward to more story still not sure which side to pick, have to roleplay it in my head. Might try some gunfu next, if I can take myself away from dual blades.

Elodin

KidRyan

I'm almost done playing thru Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, just need to wrap up the Shop Quests and beat Minerva.

After this I hope to finally platinum FF7 Remake, it's Hard Mode is a struggle for me even at Level 50 with the best Materia and equipment .

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN that’s a really interesting backlog. Cool to see Alan Wake 2 there. I myself booted up my Xbox solely to have easier access to that game.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

52 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Ravix

I've added Jusant to my currently playing playlist as it's a smaller chilled out indie game and I like to throw them in the mix every now and then. (I'm technically playing it on Xbox but I can't be bothered going over to the other forum and it's available on PS5 too, so)

Early impressions are thus: really high res and it looks so smooth and lovely, almost a genuine immersive 3D effect at times on an oled. It isn't overly cluttered so the detail of the assets they do use are just as they should be, no weird upscaling where detail is lost like in most AAA games on consoles. Apparently it's made with Unreal using Nanite and Lumen. There's something just really pleasing and stand-out about it. If you ever think games looks a bit meh on a bigger screens at times these days, check it out and see if you notice the difference. It is a very dense image despite a scaled back art style and I already want more games like this.

Gameplay: slow and chill just how we like it for something like this.

I also like the absolutely crazy amount of subtle puns about climbing, and water based activities. And the odd blatant one too. You find these little notes, and they are really nicely written and usually use a phrase or two related to the seemingly overarching story theme within them without it being forced. Neat storytelling

I think I'll play it from time to time to chill for sure

Untitled

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Th3solution

@Ravix Looks cool. Watching the trailer gives me Rime vibes - at least for the art style, music, atmosphere, and appearance of the puzzle rooms. Also reminiscent of the Team Ico products with their large empty spaces and young silent boy protagonists. I’ll keep an eye on it. Let us know how it turns out over time.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ravix

@Th3solution it should be one you'd enjoy. I read your top ten indies/walking sims post somewhere or other and there's some similar atmospheres in these types of games. I'd say definitely worth people playing a few from time to time. There's the more art house style ones, like this, Stray and some others from your list, and then stuff like BugSnax and Untitled Goose Game which are more just silly fun. But well worth breaking up AAA titles with them all the same 😁

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Elodin Just completed a few more missions of Chapter Two recently, it's shaping up really well, I think there is enough variety in the missions to keep it fresh. How is your playthrough going? (Rise of the Ronin)

Elodin

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I have been slowly doing more story missions, most recently I have been helping the book collector(name is eluding me). I'm trying to build up relations to get that 3rd accessory option. Not sure what chapter I'm on. Still enjoying it. Are you going for or against the shogunite? I'm playing a bit middle of the road as I'm role-playing more to whoever offers me the best chance to find my old partner

Elodin

Th3solution

I spent most of the last week taking a small break from my Souls adventures and have spent more time back with Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

I might be playing the game wrong, I don’t know. I’ve spent over 30 hours and it feels like I’ve not really made much progress. I’ve grown into loop of running around and elevating my relationships with the other heroes and doing my research and training activities, petting the dog, searching for resources, etc. and then doing a mission. It’s satisfying, but at this stage I feel like I’m not even sure what the point is. I think I’ve spent too much time on the optional missions and I need to mainline the story missions quicker. They throw new optional missions at a fast clip so there’s always several to choose from instead of doing the story mission, and I think this messed me up. Still, the game’s balance of social interactions, resource management, world exploration, combat, and storytelling is just not very well attuned. The game probably would benefit from some firmer guardrailing of the player toward the activities that are needed most.

I am finding that I enjoy the tactical nature of the battles, and that might be another problem with my progress — I spend too much time analyzing my moves and so battles take me longer than they probably should. I’m approaching them like playing chess and trying to look several moves ahead before I play my first card. It’s satisfying, but also exhausting. 😅

I know it’s a long game so I figure I need to streamline it more so that I don’t grow tired of it before I get to the end.

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic