Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 621 to 640 of 650

KilloWertz

@FuriousMachine That's weird. I don't remember that, but I guess it was at the very beginning. I do know that's not an issue now as you can make faces in the mirror while standing there.

True, it would have been great to have a character creator as good as that for Mass Effect. I was lazy and went with the default FemShep when I played as one a few years back. Blasphemy, I know.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@KilloWertz @FuriousMachine I really love a good character creator.

Having just started Midnight Suns, the creator suite for that is lame. Basically choose one of two body types, one of 4 faces and about 10 hairstyles, and that’s about it. I usually don’t get too crazy with the fine tuning of earlobe size and small tweaks of cheekbones, etc, but I like to mess around with noses, chins, lips, make-up, tattoos, scars, eye color (love it when I can make different colors for the right and the left), jewelry and piercings, hair color (especially when you can do base colors with different colored highlights) and lots of hair style options. I usually go with no facial hair if I spend a bunch of time on personalizing a face, but sometimes I give them some stubble or a goatee. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FuriousMachine

@KilloWertz @Th3solution It's funny, I always turn into a hairdresser with these character creators. i like to tweak some things (eyes, noses, make-up, tattoos and accessories here as well) but the hair has to be just right. If the character has bad hair they will not receive my love... I'm a cruel creator

FuriousMachine

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Edited my previous post as my next game after wrapping up Demon's Souls will now be Rise of the Ronin , which I aim to plat, and then to cleanse my palate after the Souls/Action RPG games, RE2 Remake , which I also aim to plat, with the infinite ammo dlc downloaded as an extra string to my bow, with regard to obtaining further assistance for hunting down that aforementioned plat.

Edit: Completed Demon's Souls and now eyeing up Rise of the Ronin , which I'll get around to next weekend/next week sometime, after reveling in my victory for a few days! 🤣

Edit II: Started Rise of the Ronin as I said elsewhere on the site, and have now added Nioh 2 Remastered: Complete Edition as the next game to play after that. RE2 Remake will have to wait! .

Edit III: Actually for a change of pace Resident Evil 2 REmake will be my next game after Rise of the Ronin
Edit Iv: Beat Rise of the Ronin now playing RE2 REmake

So the new list, but not necessarily in this order, is now:

Nioh 2 Remastered Complete Edition
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition
Silent Hill 2 Remake Deluxe Edition
Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Deluxe Edition
Elden Ring SOTE Deluxe Edition (aim to plat)
Stray
Lords of the Fallen
Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition
Death Stranding 2 : On the Beach
Dragon's Dogma II Deluxe Edition
Black Myth: Wukong
#BLUD
Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered (not out yet)
Grand Theft Auto V (Ps5 version)
Another Crab's Treasure

Next two games after RE2 REmake (which I'm currently playing) : Resident Evil 4 REmake: Gold Edition , Silent Hill 2 Remake (if it's out by the time I beat RE4)

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Slight update, based on the very kind advice of @Yousef- I have decided to play Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition after Resident Evil 2: REmake .

Yousef-

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN wrote:

Slight update, based on the very kind advice of @Yousef- I have decided to play Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition after Resident Evil 2: REmake .

xD I hope you have fun.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

52 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

FuriousMachine

I'm about half way into The Witcher 3 after having played for three months, so I'm reticent to make any decisions on my backlog right now, but, for once, my next three purchases seem fairly clear.
I have such a massive backlog of already purchased games that buying games at full price week one is something I rarely do and when I do, it's typically mostly because I want to "vote with my wallet" on the types of games I want to see more of. So I'll buy them, full price, week one, even if I probably won't get around to playing them for a while.

The next three games I'm rooting for are
Nobody Wants To Die
Star Wars: Outlaws
Dragon Age: The Veilguard

These are all dependent on reviews being decent, of course. There are many question marks hanging over all of these and I was very lukewarm towards Dragon Age until very recently. None of these will need glowing 10/10 reviews for me to buy them, as long as they are playable and deliver the experience I'm looking for (which they may, even in the 6-7/10 range of things).

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Update on The Witcher 3: I'm still absolutely loving it! I have just reached Skellige, but will likely spend some time hunting down some sweet Witcher gear before continuing on with the story. I'm happy to say that I'm not experiencing any fatigue with the game yet, which is always a danger with games of this size

FuriousMachine

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@FuriousMachine Yeah! I know what you mean regarding the fatigue, and I, myself, want to get that most-coveted plat for Elden Ring! . Anyway, I actually decided that with my Witcher 3 playthrough, because the game is so long that I would play it for at least eight hours a day, still took about a month to finish at that speed, and that was only like the second half or final third of the game, WITH keeping side missions to a minimum! 🤣

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

FuriousMachine

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Yeah, this game is massive, but, impressively, it hasn't felt bloated (at least not yet) and it feels lovingly and painstakingly created instead of just "generated", if you know what I mean.
That's why I really liked hearing the same sentiments from the team behind SW: Outlaws in the video PushSquare published the other day: They didn't want to expand the game beyond meaningful content with lots of generic busywork just to pad out the playtime. It remains to be seen if they pulled it off, but I'm hopeful

FuriousMachine

Th3solution

@FuriousMachine I had intended to comment on your post a couple days ago, but am just now getting around to it —

I’m with you on Star Wars Outlaws, although I’ll probably not get it on release and instead will likely wait for a sale. But if reviews are glowing it may move up the priority list. The videos have looked great to me and it seems like it has potential to be really great, especially for fans of the original movie trilogy.

On the other hand, the Nobody Wants to Die video didn’t really sell the game for me. In fact, I found it rather boring, but it can be hard to judge sometimes.

And Dragon Age: Veilguard falls somewhere in between — probably something I’ll get to later down the road when I have more of the backlog cleared. I’ve got quite a few other “fantasy world third-person swords, bows, magic, and dragons” narrative RPGs to get to.

Besides Outlaws, the only other possible new release purchase is maybe Astro Bot. It’s one of those “vote with my wallet” situations, just to encourage the diversity for Sony first party (same reason I bought games like Dreams, Rift Apart, Returnal, and Concrete Genie at release for full price). I assume the God of Wars and Last of Us’es will have plenty of revenue support.

But you can see how my support didn’t have much effect, especially for Dreams and Concrete Genie. At least I can confidently respond that I’ve done my part when the naysayers do their complaining about “all Sony ever makes is gritty narrative third person action adventure games.” 😅

…Although, even those criticisms have mostly abated lately, probably because first party hasn’t released much of anything in a while. The last couple years has been, what — Spidey 2, GoW:R, Helldivers 2, MLB, GT7, along with the ND remasters/remakes. And the only imminent announced games are Astro, Concord, Fairgames, Wolverine, Marathon, Lego HZD, and Until Dawn. That’s reasonably diverse. So perhaps the ‘Sony is too one-note’ arguments are finally dying down.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FuriousMachine

@Th3solution Yeah, with Astrobot in there, I feel there is quite a bit of variety in the first party lineup going forward And, absolutely, GoW and TLoU will probably always have a fairly large built-in audience both for pre-orders and day one. I feel that both SW Outlaws and Veilguard most likely will have a solid audience day one as well, but if they turn out to be the type of SW and BioWare game I've been hungry for such a long time now, I dare not take the chance that they may be perceived as flops knowing that I didn't put my hard-earned in to signal my approval. Probably won't move the needle, but as you point out, I'll feel a bit better about it

Veilguard is probably also the one who will be on the backlog pile the longest, as I've yet to play through Inquisition (though not for lack of trying; have two unsuccessful attempts behind me) as well as plenty of other large RPGs to tackle

FuriousMachine

Th3solution

@FuriousMachine Ditto on not ever making it all the way to the end of Inquisition. Seems there are a lot of us out there.

I had forgotten about Lego Horizon which is also a first party property that is targeting a younger, wider audience. So with Astro Bot and the new Lego game, coupled with several first party FPS games and online PvP shooters… methinks Sony may have over-responded to the complaints about them having too many third person narrative action games. Now their tentpole genre has almost no announced games. Wolverine is all, unless I’m mistaken. Unless you count Death Stranding 2, which is second party of course. We assume there’s a Ghost of Tsushima sequel and another Last of Us coming, but I mean, we know about several shooters, service games, and now these platformer/family friendly titles… but little else.

Yousef-

@Th3solution Lego horizon will slowly rebuild the franchise’s reputation.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

Th3solution

@Yousef- It will be very interesting to see. The Switch audience is enormous, and so I wonder if this game will outsell all the other first party games. I have no idea how well these Lego games usually sell, but they keep making them so they must do well enough! 😅

I don’t think the Horizon reputation is all that tarnished, is it? Forbidden West was well-received overall, although I think it fell short of expectations commercially. (I still need to play HFW…) The main complaints I’ve heard about the Horizon franchise is that they seem to be driving it into the ground with too many projects — the Lego game, the rumored MMO, the TV show, the third sequel game, and then the remake of the original game (although I think we might know now that the remake of HZD is actually maybe this Lego game…? Not sure if that’s confirmed). I think there was just too many Horizon projects in development too soon. These franchises need a little room to breathe!

But to your point, the expansion into a Lego
and Switch audience will certainly inject new life into the series

Yousef-

@Th3solution

(Sorry to deflate you but my comment was a Lego building pun)

-Max Payne

Th3solution

@Yousef- 🤣 Ah, well played!

Yousef-

@Th3solution fortunately I was going to give a serious reply anyways (and also to justify my shenanigans) right after my cocoa (very serious drink)

It does feel as if Sony could be leaning a bit too hard into the other direction. Frankly I don’t mind since it’s not even the IPs I want brought back to begin with but that’s a topic for another time.

A part of me still advocates for more BluePoint stuff. It doesn’t feel like Sony is using that studio to its maximum potential.

Switch has around double the sales of ps5. Well, probably anyways. New Horizons and Pokémon Sword having 40 million players actually legitimately sent me. I think Lego horizon will do fine. More than fine, even.

[Edited by Yousef-]

-Max Payne

Th3solution

@Yousef- “A part of me still advocates for more BluePoint stuff. It doesn’t feel like Sony is using that studio to its maximum potential.”

Totally agree. I known BluePoint are extremely talented and maybe ‘deserve’ to be given full creativity to do their own IP, but man, they are so good at remakes so I wonder if their special skill set will be wasted on a new IP. We’ll have to see, but there is a lot of potential where they could bring back these old games into the current gen like they did with MGS, Uncharted, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon’s Souls, etc.

Sony released a graphic recently (as contained in this PS article: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/05/dont-worry-sonys-most... ) which shows BluePoint siloed under the category of “Partner Studios” with Nixxes and Valkyrie, which is really confusing if they are supposedly making their own game of a new IP.

Yousef-

@Th3solution I should add that I feel Sony lost in touch with the original reason behind the acquisition and did the bare minimum for its original purpose. It was initially meant for remasters. If you’re feeling things inFamous collection amongst other things were sorely missing from previous gen, this is why. While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the studio slowly becoming more creatively assertive…. In theory, the entire goal behind outsourcing these remaster was to take the load off Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Japan Studio so they won’t need to develop the remasters in-house and can easily focus on their projects (at the time) like UC4, GoT and Last Guardian.

This must not be interpreted as a criticism against the existence of their remakes at all as I do not believe their existence was entirely within the choice of BluePoint, but rather Sony themself getting a weird about game preservation and re-releases. Remakes have nothing inherently wrong with them but they can risk harming the original artistic integrity of the games they’re remaking, a fact that’s not really helped by the fact a good chunk of these games not only live and die by their artistic vision, but also hold up tremendously well and only truly require a bump in resolution and minor QoL additions at most.

I’m not pessimistic about BluePoint developing original projects but it shows really strange management on Sony part by essentially removing their sole studio to outsource remasters of its original purpose and leaving themselves with essentially these “draught” periods that can be easily filled by legacy remasters. Everything in the industry has a place and purpose.

-Max Payne

Ralizah

I'm pretty sure people pleading for genre diversity from Sony were also primarily thinking of higher-quality single-player products, not online shooters and live service games out the wazoo. So far, only Astro-Bot feels like the sort of AAA single-player exclusive that's gonna hit similar levels of quality as their blockbuster action-adventurey stuff.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4); Plants vs Zombies (PC)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic