Tanking Mythic Argus was quite unique as you had to plan your own death and you could kill your own team if you survived too many scythe swings or if you didn't survive enough of them. I ended up dying like 3-4 times per fight counting the normal death everyone goes through.

Jaina (heroic) was super cool with a ship fight at the start and then the iceberg phase where you can't see and have to avoid freezing lol. It also was very cool thematically and storywise, where you play as horde even if you're alliance. She also did cool stuff like ice blocking whenever you cast BL.
    Last edited by allegrian; 2024-07-16 at 11:28 PM.

My weird picks of bosses I liked - Blackhand and Imperator Mar'gok. I really liked Mar'gok's character and the Gorian Empire. Wish that was fleshed out a bit more.

Yogg(0light) or Mimron(firefighter) being my favorite fights just because, chaos. Never killed Algalon back in the day. Cool fight, but wiped for months.
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2024-07-16 at 11:56 PM.

Best-LK
    Worst-DW

Dw was so so underwhelming, my guild managed to 3 shoot it, sadly for us we managed to kill it on the week after the nerf and the only reason we didn't 1 shot it is because of the damn platform bug, it was absurd that spine was so hard compare with last boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Lich King but there's quite a few that I liked. Yogg was also particularly good, and I liked Argus. Honestly there are more bosses I liked than disliked.

Deathwing was my least favourite, both for being pretty boring, anticlimatic, and for the story reasons with the NPCs kinda stealing your glory. And because they made me do fucking Spine before I could get to it, which is probably one of the most irritating fights in the entire game.

But then I did Sylvanas, and fuck that fight for ever. Just so awful. Worst end boss, terrible fight with like 15 fucking minutes of filler phases that is simultaneously both very boring but also full of one shot mechanics so your team gradually dwindles due to one thing or another. The final phase is the only interesting part, and it's only like a minute long and by that point I hate everything too much to even enjoy it.
    Current Limited Availability - Please PM another Global!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I didn't do every final boss, because I skipped expansions. I liked Argus the best, the fight was always fun for me, first kill to last kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Voted Lich King but there's quite a few that I liked. Yogg was also particularly good, and I liked Argus. Honestly there are more bosses I liked than disliked.

Deathwing was my least favourite, both for being pretty boring, anticlimatic, and for the story reasons with the NPCs kinda stealing your glory. And because they made me do fucking Spine before I could get to it, which is probably one of the most irritating fights in the entire game.

But then I did Sylvanas, and fuck that fight for ever. Just so awful. Worst end boss, terrible fight with like 15 fucking minutes of filler phases that is simultaneously both very boring but also full of one shot mechanics so your team gradually dwindles due to one thing or another. The final phase is the only interesting part, and it's only like a minute long and by that point I hate everything too much to even enjoy it.
    Oh, Sylvanas is one of the worst final fights Blizzard has made, no doubt about it. I also wasn't a fan of N'zoth's execution but at least I could get the concept. Sylvanas is OK in phase 1 but stops being fun entirely in phase 2 onwards, and as you said is faaaar too long. And to top it off you do all that work just to bring her to 50 or 40% which is unsatisfying. Jaina also teleported out at 5% which was a bummer but at least her fight was pretty good.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Argus felt like the end of an era.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    LK - not just the fight itself but the lead up. He was goading us the whole expansion. Then we slowly besieged Icecrown Glacier, prepared at the tournament, sneaked inside ICC, fought our way to the top to finally meet the LK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I'm gonna say something unpopular but the Lich King was soooooooo boooooooooooring. I get ERMAHGERD ITS ARTHAS but the fight sucked, took way too long, and wasn't very exciting. It had cool moments, sure, but overall it was one of my least favorite fights in the game. I'll take a highly intense and fast fight like Blackhand over that any day

Best ones: LK, Yogg Saron (just felt epic)

Worst: Deathwing (boring), Sylvanas/Raszageth (length), Sarkareth (chaos), anub'arak (super lazy raid)
    Last edited by noctim2; 2024-07-18 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot352 View Post
    Everyone who votes for anything earlier than Madness of Deathwing doesn't actually play the game anymore and/or are just nostaliga baiting for points.
    I think The Lich king is a solid contender not because it was the best designed fight, but because of its significance and buildup. Though If we’re just talking fight quality then I for sure agree with you.