Introducing Creator Analytics on Planet Minecraftinsert_chart

PMC's AvatarPMC5/22/24 2:38 pm history
115 emeralds 1.6k 56

Hello Planet Minecraft Community,

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our new Creator Analytics dashboard! As part of our commitment to support and empower our creative community, we’ve developed an analytics dashboard to help you gain deeper insights into your content, profile and engagement.

What Can You Track?

With Creator Analytics, you can now track a wide range of daily statistics, including:
  • Content Views: Monitor how often your creations are viewed.
  • Downloads: See how many times your content has been downloaded.
  • Diamonds: Keep an eye on the diamonds your creations receive.
  • Favorites: Track how often your content is added to member favorites.
  • Comments: View the number of comments and engage with your audience.
  • XP Gains: Watch your experience points grow.

In addition, we’ve added analytics widgets to cover:
  • Member Profiles: Views, subscribers, and XP.
  • Wall Posts: Likes, shares, and comments.
  • Forum Threads: Emeralds, posts, replies, and finished polls.
  • Mentions: See where you’re being talked about across the platform.
  • Summary Statistics: See your total accumulated stats for your activities.

Customizable Dashboard

Your analytics journey begins with a default dashboard filled with essential widgets. But that’s just the start – you have the power to customize it to your liking. The system is based on the profile customization and widget system that you're already familiar with. Here’s what you can do:
  • Choose Widgets: Select the widgets that matter most to you.
  • Order and Resize: Arrange and resize widgets to fit your preferences.
  • Prioritize: Focus the analytics that are most important to your growth.
  • Time Range: Select from a limited number of time ranges. The full analytics pages have expanded flexibility.

Dive into Your Data

Want to dig deeper? Click on any widget's "Explore Analytics" to expand it and gain further insights.
You can:
  • Choose Time Ranges: Analyze your data over various time periods to spot trends.
  • See Relevant Content: Gain insight into your best preforming content including their gains over any time range.
  • Relevant Notifications: Review notifications that contributed to the activity.
In addition, all individual content pages have a dedicated analytics page that will present statistics and insights into its history since the publication date.

Get Started Today!

We believe that Creator Analytics will be an invaluable tool in your creative toolkit, helping you to understand your audience better, optimize your content, and ultimately, grow your presence on Planet Minecraft. We'll continue to polish existing features and add all new insights as the needs become clear and irresistible suggestions from you come in.

How to Access your Analytics?

To access your Creator Analytics, simply look for the links in several convenient locations: from your member quick menu in the top right corner of all pages, on all your content pages or click the insert_chart icon on your profile page.

Note #1: Active and long standing members, the very first time you load your analytics it may load slowly as an audit is performed. After the initial audit, your analytics pages will load fast going forward. The initial audit can be slow, few seconds, if you have a lot of publications spanning many years but after it should load near instantly.

Note #2: Today stats are partial for the obvious reason of the day isn't over until it's over. In addition, today content views and downloads are synced once an hour after the first day.

Note #3: Daily profile views only recently started tracking. Cyprezz fortunately had the foresight to track daily analytics on content since the launch of PMC but not profile views. Sorry!

Beta Feedback

This is the initial release of Creator Analytics, and we’re excited to see what having greater insight can do for individuals and the greater community. As we continue to develop and enhance analytics, we highly value your feedback. Your insights and suggestions are crucial in helping us refine and expand the analytics features to better serve your needs. Please share your experiences and ideas with us, and stay tuned for more updates and new features in the future.

Happy Crafting!
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Tommy Crime Empire Boss Tommy
06/07/2024 3:04 am
He/Him • Level 1 : New Miner
Minecraft 1.12.2 中沉浸式车辆模组的城市地图
nothingtoseehere1
05/26/2024 5:34 am
He/Him • Level 37 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
very epic
Gustofer10
05/24/2024 2:25 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Cow
cool
sniffercraft34
05/23/2024 1:31 pm
He/Him • Level 37 : Artisan Procrastinator Cookie
Nice!
SteamMallard07
05/23/2024 1:22 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer Skinner
history
It’s an interesting feature but it help’s us as creators! Thank you to Cyprezz and the PMC Team for This!
Konkov
05/23/2024 12:05 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Wisp
This is great to find the best day to post
ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 12:36 pm
Level 41 : Master Miner
Good point 🥂
traincrisis
05/24/2024 2:18 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
history
your name sounds like scot's visor

among us lol ඞ
ScotsMiser
05/24/2024 5:17 pm
🤣 One consonant off (plus the silent apostrophe)… but correct in cadence and end rhyme; originated as Scots Miser (e.g. a miser even by the high standards of the Scots)
AutumnAura49797
05/23/2024 10:23 am
He/They • Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn Explorer
WAHOOO BIG LINES GO BRRRRR
hotsuop
05/23/2024 8:39 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder
thats lit
CaraRose
05/23/2024 7:12 am
She/Her • Level 67 : High Grandmaster Artist Princess
Amazing work! 🎉
pumpkinpvtch
05/23/2024 6:25 am
She/Her • Level 63 : High Grandmaster Strawberry Witch
so excited! thank u pmc team! :D
Captain_JEK
05/23/2024 6:10 am
He/Him • Level 87 : Elite Elf Deity
This is so cool!
I really like how playful it feels ^^
Stubbs1
05/23/2024 5:08 am
They/Them • Level 67 : High Grandmaster Artist Senpai
This is such a cool update! :D
Thank you so much for you hard work on this Cyprezz! A welcome addition to an already amazing website
TheGuyAcrossSpace
05/23/2024 2:02 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter Skinner
amazing update, but I wish it was possible to click on a certain peak and get a list of the content i posted and notifications i recieved at that time
Cyprezz
05/23/2024 9:33 am
He/Him • Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg Programmer
history
1) While on a chart with a peak that you're interested in, click the tool in the upper right for Horizontally Select.

2) Then click and drag to select the peak that you're interested in.

3) A custom date range button appears, click it to commit to refocus on the selected range.

ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 2:22 am
AFAIK the custom date range can be set in each view (at the bottom of the time range button), but doesn't persist when switching between views.

While you can use the dates shown while moving the horizontal selection bar to determine a bracket that includes the peak of interest, you would need to re-enter the dates every time you chganged views.
Interestingly, what are considered 'Relevant Notifications' changes per view (still haven't fully sussed out which show up when).

Not as convenient as clicking the peak, but avoids having to have the program calculate where the peak is (something that can be problematic if one posts content close together).

NOTE: Making the date range selected persistent across views (or until changed) would be a nice feature to add to the next version :D
Cyprezz
05/23/2024 10:05 am
Nice suggestion! I've made selected ranges persistent across sections. Feels nice.

In addition, I added the selected range to the full page chart titles to make sure you're more aware of the period of time you're looking at. Even though it was the selected option directly below the chart, doesn't hurt to be clearer.
ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 12:22 pm
history
Either I'm missing something or it's not working properly…

When I switch views/sections (e.g. from Content Engagement to Content Impressions) the displayed range returns to the default (last 28 days)

Additionally, the Horizontal Selections function {} is inoperative until I Clear Selections {x} which suggests that the selected date range is being transfered but not being displayed.

EDIT: I've not 'white boxed' it, but have tried making the selection is various veiws andswitching to various other so the issue seems to ubiquitous.
Neither does refreshing the page [​eother before or after changing views] fix this.

Possibly I need to log-out/log-in to the site, but with the LOGIN issues I've been having I am loath to test this deliberately
Cyprezz
05/23/2024 1:20 pm
If using the horizontal selection, you must commit to the selection before it will be persistent across other chart sections:

Above, I made a selection. To commit it, click the button that appears with the selected date range and center_focus_strong.

Alternatively, you can select any of the default date ranges from the drop down:

Essentially, the page needs to load the range before it's going to consider it something to persist to across sections.
ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 2:13 pm
The one below is still operative, but was getting long

I'd be surprised if any of this matters directly, but it may provide clues for debugging:

Retried the approved proceedure (select orange box / apply & update graph / switch view|section) varying whther I was in light or dark mode and whether the page I was leaving used either a compact or non-compact header.
In all cases the date range selection reverts to the default Last 28 days when switching.

When moving from the dashboard [ member/>name</analytics/ ] to any of the explore analytics pages (e.g. analytics/content-impressions/) the page header automatically sets to compact [This reoccurs if I manually reset the page header to non-compact and refresh the page.]
(when activating the dashboard page member/>name</analytics/ everything is fine)

The compact header (regardless of on what page I use it) show my level as 38 and my percentage progress as 28% (both correct), however,
the total XP earned is missing completely (including the colon)
I have no level title shown
after the 28% it say ": 1 / 2 xp"
(the thermometer seems to be correct)

When switching for light mode to dark (or the reverse) the graph[s] shown on any of the pages (including the dashboard do not update).
[I wouldn't think this 'bug' is worth fixing, but the behavior is included for any clue it may give.]
ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 1:36 pm
history
There appears to have been unclear language on my part:
What I have been doing is making a selection (orange box) and displaying the custom range (commit to the selection) then switching views/sections.

The result is the default 28 day display (and the blue button says 'Last 28 Days')

Something new I have discovered in retesting this:
While the horizontal selection () is disabled after changing views (until one clicks the clear selections button {x} ), the other ranges in the drop down menu e.g. 'Last 7 Days' work normally without having cleared the selection.

Also, teh reversion to thedefault 'Last 28 Days' view occurs after switching views/sections even when the previously displayed range (committed range) was one of the presets e.g. 'Last 7 Days'

Not directly relevant to this, but I've been seeing anomolous behavior when I edit posts:
clicking save once has no effect
clicking a second time [​sometimes ]shows the unedited post (othertimes a page refresh is needed)
updating the page (or opening the page again in another tab), however, shows the edits

Before going too much farther, I'm going to try log-off/log-on (Wish me luck)

Back again (able to login on the 1st try too)
Unfortunately, th ebehaviors described above are all still present......
FIRESTAR09_10
05/23/2024 12:15 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Lego Builder
This is actually a goated update, can't wait to check my analytics.
blank3times
05/22/2024 11:31 pm
He/Him • Level 52 : Grandmaster Botanist Pixel Painter
I think it could be interesting, as someone who uploads sparsely, to add a little marker for timelines on days where you upload, and maybe provide a list of what you did upload. I can generally guess when I uploaded because of the spikes, but sometimes it's hard to remember what I did upload or update at the time of that spike.

Maybe, also for general statistics, it could be cool to see total stats over time (without their sources), to see growth better. Might get funky if scale is too large either over time or numbers, but would be an integral function.

So far been good, I feel like I'm able to navigate the analytics page well and make it what I want so well done! =]
Cyprezz
05/23/2024 9:26 am
I didn't add publication markers to the XP chart but you will find them when looking at content charts. You'll also see markers for updates when looking at individual content analytic pages.

Can you be more specific about your suggestion about having charts on general statistics without their sources?

Glad you're liking analytics overall and it's already easy to navigate. As you and others use it more often, it should only get easier. Let us know if there is anything that would improve your use cases.
blank3times
05/23/2024 2:27 pm
Thank you. I see the markers on the individual content, but I'm looking at overall content impressions and don't see anything. All 3 responses allude to the general content charts having it too, am I going crazy?

As for the "General statistics" I meant that it could be cool to see the overall progress in growth for total xp/views/subs/diamonds/follows and other things we were able to see the active value for previously on our profile ("without sources" is just saying I wouldn't expect as much detail as the actually useful-to-analyze analytics have). Generally this means a value starting at 0 and reaching your current value, and mostly increasing, where the values we can see in the analytics are the slopes of the segments as it increases. Of course this isn't very useful to look at besides "look how far you've come", but it could still be cool. Maybe that provides clarification? =]
cloudkitty
05/23/2024 12:15 am
She/Her • Level 48 : Master Blockhead Demolitionist
history
i'm not quite sure if it's what you're looking for, but in the content impressions section (if you have show markers turned on) you'll see an arrow and the post's name on the side.
blank3times
05/23/2024 1:31 am
Show markers?
ScotsMiser
05/23/2024 2:10 am
See a few posts down from Cyprezz https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/pmc/news/introducing-creator-analytics-on-planet-minecraft-684788//comment/3932228/#reply_3932228
but only available in the 'Content Impressions' & 'Content Engagement' views
GanderBeam
05/22/2024 10:48 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
W update PLM!
ScotsMiser
05/22/2024 8:01 pm
history
Lovely 🍻

[​Also very pleased to see this is new rather than my having missed something so useful for however long ]

I found something I don't understand in the XP section: Content and Discussion are listed but do not sum to my current XP total (~17% is unaccounted).
What sources of XP would not be covered?

2nd edit:
I just realized one can get data on a specific bit of content by either left clicking on it or right clicking & open as new tab. 👍
Might be early days to do this, but a tutorial on the features of the new toy might be well recieved…
Cyprezz
05/23/2024 9:21 am
Found reason for discrepancy in lifetime content XP and fixed.
R31LZ0N
05/22/2024 7:35 pm
Level 40 : Master Bear
Perfect, now I can see more clearly how my account declines
Maxxii
05/22/2024 6:00 pm
Level 44 : Master Dragon Wizard
GRAPHS AND DATA!! LET'S GOOOO!!
YZERO
05/22/2024 4:47 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Actually really nice!
pocapka
05/22/2024 4:04 pm
He/Him • Level 41 : Master Herobrine Imposter
Amazing!
blank3times
05/22/2024 3:48 pm
Worth the wait! Thanks for holding it for the polish.
Berezka
05/22/2024 3:48 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
Great! I think it can help the creators of monetized content.
inzanely
05/22/2024 3:45 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
history
love how i can view exactly how much xp a submission gave me!

i also noticed that the right side looks kinda wonky when you disable the compact header on a individual analytics page

with compact header

without compact header
Cyprezz
05/22/2024 4:03 pm
I'll take a look and fix the wonky.

Did you find the "Show markers" toggle in the bottom left of the chart? Can't help but notice you have many and might be looking for such a feature.
ScotsMiser
05/22/2024 8:00 pm
I hadn't, thx
inzanely
05/22/2024 5:35 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
yes i did!
mitsuu
05/22/2024 3:42 pm
Level 44 : Master uwu Scribe
yippee yay
GalaxyCat24
05/22/2024 3:41 pm
She/Her • Level 43 : Master Procrastinator Kitten
Wow! This is so cool! It's gonna be super helpful!
Karaoke
05/22/2024 3:40 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Witch
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
kodayne
05/22/2024 3:30 pm
She/Her • Level 47 : Master Sweetheart Princess
thx for this i will now obsessively stalk my analytics
IGEBM
05/22/2024 3:27 pm
He/Him • Level 56 : Grandmaster Loremaster
This is amazing! So happy y’all added this lol
Escapazition
05/22/2024 3:08 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
WILLIAM AFTON CTSIQARS
05/29/2024 12:34 pm
They/Them • Level 12 : Journeyman Miner Explorer
kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Kaizen87
05/22/2024 3:03 pm
Level 84 : Elite Architect
Thanks, used to have to keep notes with how many views a particular build got after a YouTube video!
Dronko fire blaster
05/22/2024 2:59 pm
Level 46 : Master Dragonborn
noooo dark mode!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome