Crafting Datapack Troubles

JevilTheChaosKid's AvatarJevilTheChaosKid7/6/24 5:41 am
7/6/2024 9:17 am
EnderCraft's AvatarEnderCraft
So I am making a pack which adds a custom smithing template and I am trying to make the duplication recipe. The recipe is not recognised when added to the game and when adding the custom item I made to recipe, the code editor produces an error.

Recipe JSON:

{ "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped", "category": "misc", "pattern": [ "#S#", "#C#", "###" ], "key": { "#": { "item": "minecraft:paper" }, "C": { "item": "minecraft:leather" }, "S": { "item": "minecraft:knowledge_book" } }, "result": { "id": "minecraft:knowledge_book", "count": 2 }}
Custom Item:

minecraft:knowledge_book[item_name='{"text":"Smithing Template","color":"white"}', lore=['{"text":"Book of Minting","color":"gray","italic":false}', '""', '{"text":"Applies to:","color":"gray","italic":false}', '{"text":" Iron Nuggets","color":"blue","italic":false}', '{"text":"Ingredients:","color":"gray","italic":false}', '{"text":" Ingots & Crystals","color":"blue","italic":false}'], max_stack_size=64, custom_model_data=1]
The item shows up fine in a give function I made to easily create it so why doesnt it work in the recipe and why the regular recipe work either. Also i m using 1.21 so compnent craft should work?
JevilTheChaosKid
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter