The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Smelting Plus
Red Jay  [developer] May 2, 2014 @ 3:27pm
Bugs/Glitches General Help
PLEASE Only post if you found a bug or glitch in the mod or are having trouble getting the mod to work. Also, MAKE SURE you read the mod description before posting because it may answer your question.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
MAup May 2, 2014 @ 4:51pm 
hello there.
I cannot use this mod as intended.
Reason is my game fps drops to 5 just 1 minute after i start the game.

My hw:
Nvidia gtx 780
i7
16gb ram

my hw isnt the problem here.
i have some other mods installed too, but only by disabling your mod will it pop back into reasonable FPS.

the mods i use is:
dawnguard
hearthfire
dragonborn
Official and unofficial patches for all of them.
Climates of Tamriel
HighRes 2k texturepack
official highres pack
unofficial high res patch
relightinh skyrim
prometheus no snow under the roof + patch
Static Mesh Improvement mod
Episode Parallax
Breezehome fully upgradeable
CPPE
Caliente Vanilla armor tweaks
Run for your lives
Aura whisper no guards warning
jaxonarcheryperks
W.A.T.E.R
and also ENB

dont know what else i can give you here.
But thanks in advance
Red Jay  [developer] May 2, 2014 @ 9:07pm 
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Here's some things to try.

[1] Unsubscribe from the mod, delete the .esp file, load up Skyrim with your other mods. If everything is working fine, try resubscribing the mod and try again.

[2] Unsubscribe from the mod, teleport to a different location in Skyrim than you currently are, and resubscribe.

[3] BACKUP your current save file, just in case, create a new character or load a different save with NO mods EXCEPT Smelting Plus. If this works, experiment to find what the mod is not compatible with.

If these work or do not work please let me know.
Hollow78 May 5, 2014 @ 1:00pm 
Dwemer bowls seem to not be able to be smelted.
Red Jay  [developer] May 5, 2014 @ 1:53pm 
All types or just one in general?
Hollow78 May 5, 2014 @ 4:10pm 
all types for me. I have 3 types on me none coming up. The flat one, the round one that looks like a bowl with gold trim around the top and the \__/ <-- looks like that lol with gold on top and bottom with design in the gold on bottom portion.
Red Jay  [developer] May 5, 2014 @ 4:12pm 
I think you need two of one type of bowl to get an ingot. The recipe won't show up unless you have the items required.
Hollow78 May 5, 2014 @ 4:24pm 
I have 2 for one of the types and the other 2 types of bowls i have like 20+
Red Jay  [developer] May 5, 2014 @ 5:42pm 
Hm. Does it work for ANY bowls or none at all?
Last edited by Red Jay; May 5, 2014 @ 5:47pm
Red Jay  [developer] May 7, 2014 @ 5:14pm 
@Hollow Ahh it's probably because you don't have the Dwarven Smithing Perk. You won't be able to smelt Dwarven items without it.
ImperialFish May 7, 2014 @ 11:55pm 
I seem to notice that I can no longer melt down stolen items or improved items (not enchanted, improved through smithing). I rather liked the melting of stolen items...

My rommate seems to be able to melt down stolen things just fine, which is why I suspect it being a bug.
Red Jay  [developer] May 8, 2014 @ 8:21pm 
Hm. Yes stolen items are able to be smeleted. When you say, "I seem to notice that I can no longer melt down stolen items" I assume you were at one point. I'm guessing maybe an issue with another mod you have subscribed? Not sure. Here's my advice:

[1] Unsubscribe from the mod
[2] Go back into Skyrim, check a smelter make sure it's not active
[3] Exit, subscribe back to the mod
[4] Before starting up the game, click "Data Files" on the launcher and wait 30 seconds. SmeltingPlus.esp should appear. Make sure it's at the BOTTOM of the quene (If you have other mods)

If that doesn't work let me know.
ImperialFish May 8, 2014 @ 9:20pm 
Seemed to be one of the various skyrim glitches. After I found this, Every person in whiterun, excluding the guards, decided to chase me around the world. Killed a chicken and that fixed it all. I suppose chicken slaughter is my new go-to bug fix.

Edit: In case my jokes hid the real meaning of the post, I am able to melt stolen items now, just must have been a weird hiccup somewhere. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by ImperialFish; May 8, 2014 @ 9:22pm
thomajack May 9, 2014 @ 12:03pm 
Your mod states that i need no perks to rip apart leather armour, but for some unknown reason, i'm unable to do so on one of my characters. All other characters are fine, and can make full use of the mod, but its this one character where the mod seems to not work in some aspects.

note: all other features of the mod work
Red Jay  [developer] May 9, 2014 @ 1:34pm 
Hm. You are doing it at a tanning rack and it's unenchanted regular leather armor?
wonderfish10 May 14, 2014 @ 6:41am 
Breaking down Leather Bracers gives you 2 Leather, but it takes less than 2 Leather to make (1 Leather and 2 Leather Strips, or basically 1.5 Leather), which means you can indefinitely create more and more Leather from a single Leather peice of armor. Just letting you know. Maybe changing it to just get 1 Leather from Bracers would be beneficial. It's definitely something that can be exploited to get someone's smithing up really "easily" and "quick" (relatively).

Not really a bug or glitch but it is an exploit. I posted a comment on the mod page before I saw this thread, and I can delete that if needed, or you can. But, I figured you wouldn't like to have an infinite leather exploit in your mod, so I thought I would let you know.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
Per page: 1530 50