The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Smelting Plus
Red Jay  [developer] Apr 29, 2014 @ 7:25pm
What items/features should we add to the mod?
Want another item to be smeltable? Add your ideas here! Note: Make sure it's not already going to be added in the next update.
Last edited by Red Jay; May 3, 2014 @ 4:49pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
ImperialFish Apr 30, 2014 @ 8:31pm 
I don't see any options to melt down jewellery on the page. Whether it would return any gems, just the metal, or both, I would suppose is up to you.

Also, though I haven't tried it yet, is there any support for Skyforge Steel ones? I would assume these just melt like normal steel weapons.

And, I have very little use for staves or legendary weapons (Wuuthrad, any Daedric Artefacts, the Blade of Woe, etc...), so such a thing would be appreciated.

Anyway, nice looking mod so far. Keep up the good work.
Red Jay  [developer] Apr 30, 2014 @ 8:45pm 
Still considering jewelry, not sure how that would really work.
I could add Skyforge steel.
No for Daedric artifacts. I feel like they are too valuable and special to smelt.
ImperialFish Apr 30, 2014 @ 8:59pm 
Looking at the mod closer, multiple returns wouldn't work so well. I could see the loss of a gem if I were to smelt a silver garnet necklace down though.
Or the other way around, getting a gem out of it.

Regardless, I have about 200 stolen necklaces and rings around Honeyside. I gotta do something with them.
Natrukei [ ] May 1, 2014 @ 4:59am 
I have no items for you but please change it, that I can't smelt the thing I am wearing....thats annoying
ImperialFish May 1, 2014 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by Natrukei:
I have no items for you but please change it, that I can't smelt the thing I am wearing....thats annoying

You could always...take it off?
Red Jay  [developer] May 1, 2014 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by Natrukei:
No, he is reffering to accidently smelting items he has equipped that he wouldn't want to smelt. This will be removed next version, you will NOT be able to smelt equipped items.
ImperialFish May 1, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
Any chance you maight be putting in stuff for expansions? Melting vampire/dawnguard armour down from dawnguard, melting down unused building supplies from Hearthfire, or stahlrim things from Dragonborn, that sort of thing?
Red Jay  [developer] May 1, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
@ImperialFish Possibly, though that would be a separate mod. The issue is that I don't have any DLC on my PC version of Skyrim (Just on my XBOX)
ImperialFish May 1, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
Also, any word on staves? I could see getting a soul gem or just some ingot from them. Are you going to do anything like that?
Red Jay  [developer] May 1, 2014 @ 2:04pm 
You know I was thinking about staves. Ah... I don't really see you being able to salvage anything even remotely realistically from them except like firewood. Soul gem might work.
ImperialFish May 1, 2014 @ 2:08pm 
Most of them seem like they are coated in gold or silver.
Red Jay  [developer] May 1, 2014 @ 2:08pm 
I'll take a look at it, but I'm skeptical.
sp0ckrates May 1, 2014 @ 4:47pm 
Red Jay: For jewelry, try making two recepies--one for the ingots and one for the gems. The player would have to pick what he wants. Some gems are needed for quests, so that would be handy.

For Draugr weapons, please add steal ingot recipies. The weapons are pretty worthless, especially since the steal ingots to improve them are sometimes worth more than the weapons, themselves! But they'd be worth hauling out of dungeons if they could be smelted into steel ingots.

Nice mod. I gave it a thumbs up.
Red Jay  [developer] May 1, 2014 @ 4:50pm 
Great idea. I'll do that for Dragur weapons, still unsure about jewelry. The issue with jewlry is the item (ring, amulet etc) are usually less valuable than the gems/ingots that would be required to make them.
ImperialFish May 2, 2014 @ 10:41pm 
Ah, on the topic of dragur weapons, it woulf finally be worth picking up those stupid embalming tools if, say, 3 of them would make a shiny new iron ingot.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
Per page: 1530 50