Night in the Woods

Night in the Woods

View Stats:
replacing textures in the game
I'm faced with the question of how to change textures. please tell me how and is it even possible to do this?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
UnityEX - unpack game files, search for specific textures, text, triggers etc.
AssetBundleExtractor - open main game DLL file to change scripts, options.
AssetStudioNet - open and look at specific textures, extract them, edit and import back.
I don't have any links at the time but those 3 programs are basically everything you might need when modding/translating the game. No other program needed and they are all free.
You are most likely going to use AssetStudioNet to texture related stuff.
CMP Jul 3 @ 6:32am 
Originally posted by 󠀡󠀡󠀡⁧⁧Lis:
AssetStudioNet - open and look at specific textures, extract them, edit and import back.
I don't have any links at the time but those 3 programs are basically everything you might need when modding/translating the game. No other program needed and they are all free.
Thanks for helping . Can I please provide a link to download AssetStudioNet?
Originally posted by CMP:
Thanks for helping . Can I please provide a link to download AssetStudioNet?
https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases/download/v0.16.47/AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47.zip
You need to open resources file in asset studio and then select 'Asset List' on the list on the top left corner. Click Gregg for image: :Gregg: [ibb.co]
Last edited by 󠀡󠀡󠀡⁧⁧Lis; Jul 3 @ 7:30am
CMP Jul 3 @ 11:23am 
You need to open resources file in asset studio and then select 'Asset List' on the list on the top left corner. Click Gregg for image: :Gregg: [ibb.co]
dude, what should you do if the sprite/texture has completely disappeared from the game? https://ibb.co/album/4KmQ7w
Last edited by CMP; Jul 3 @ 11:23am
You need to tell me how you imported the edited texture back to the game, and also where from did you export it. This 'monument' texture is originally from 'sharedassets0' but can also be exported from 'resources.assets' without path id, which would probably create problems, like missing texture.
I stopped using all of those programs more than a year ago when i stopped working on my translation of the game so my knowledge is a bit dusty. You should try to find some answers on the internet. Night in The Woods is a 'unity game', so when you search tutorials for 'asset studio' just try to look for general help, not specifically for 'nitw' as all 'unity' games will have similar steps to modding.
My only guess for your specific problem is that there was some problems when importing, like wrong file extension or lack of path id.
Last edited by 󠀡󠀡󠀡⁧⁧Lis; Jul 3 @ 3:53pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50