[OSM-talk] Copyright page vs Contributors page

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Mar 28 11:52:10 UTC 2021

On 28/03/2021 11:33, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> That feels significantly imbalanced to me, and why are those 11
> countries named so prominently?

Because they are countries where we have used data under a license
that requires attribution.

> My suggestion would be, on the copyright page:
>
> - remove those 11 country-specific bullets
> - check that the entries are included on the contributors page of course

That doesn't work because there's nothing to stop people removing
an entry from the wiki - putting them on the copyright page ensures
that they can't be removed without appropriate legal review.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/