[Imports] IBGE license statement

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 05:07:28 UTC 2013

The following message contains a statement that all of IBGE's data is
in "public domain". The original message is in Portuguese this is an
accurate translation:

"Customer Number: # 8171/2009 - 1 #
Dear Sir/Lady,

We should inform you that the contents available in our web portal are
in the public domain. However, its use in other publications or
portals is subject to mention of the source upon using our data.

You can reproduce the graphics, as well as art and images that
accompany them, by quoting the source (IBGE)."

Moreover, IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics) is
part of the public federal administration of Brazil, and therefore is
subject to the "law of access to information"
(http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lei_de_acesso_%C3%A0_informa%C3%A7%C3%A3o)
which grants access to institutional data to any citizen upon request.