Should I get Java though?

kayla123's Avatarkayla1237/3/24 7:59 pm
4 emeralds 144 6
7/6/2024 2:52 am
Cornbread_Alphanumeric's AvatarCornbread_Alphanumeric
I already have Minecraft Bedrock buuuut idk if I should get Java. I feel like I would just play one and that would be a waist.
kayla123
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Cornbread_Alphanumeric
07/06/2024 2:52 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
which platform are you currently playing on? 'cause, bedrock and java edition come bundled together on PC
YokaiS
07/06/2024 1:01 am
He/Him • Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai Peacock
If you get Java, you get to play a whole new genre of content - datapacks!
There's some small things that are up to personal preference though. The controls feel a little different across Bedrock and Java imo, and I feel like Bedrock runs slower for me.
I'm probably biased because I primarily play Java, but everything in Java-- the controls, movements of characters, the freedom you have over customizing stuff-- everything just feels right for me.
Fluffv
07/05/2024 11:45 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Prince
It's really just preference and what you want in a game
I played bedrock few years before I switched to java and I find java waaay better, especially with the free custom skins, maps, mods, and resource packs

also I enjoy 1.9 combat more
thebaum64
07/04/2024 5:35 pm
Level 95 : Overlord Creator
Imo, yes. Java has a lot to offer compared to bedrock in a lot of ways. Way more mod options and even resource pack options.
KrissieFox1
07/04/2024 5:01 pm
She/Her • Level 47 : Master Nerd Fox
If you like mods & maps, it is worth it because Java is older and thus there is a huge amount of old mods, maps, texture packs, etc available for it. It also lets you play older versions of the game unlike Bedrock. The pausescreen in java actually works in single player mode, too.

The DRM is....less aggresive, too? It's weird and inconsistent. Sometimes Minecraft java can work without internet in offline mode, as long as the launcher itself lets you into your account first.

A couple down sides to java is that it seems to load slower for me, and it doesn't have crossplay, but it's still got lots of nice features.
ScotsMiser
07/04/2024 4:11 am
Level 41 : Master Miner
While it's likely you would tend to favor one over the other, there can be reasons for wanting both (an obvious one being if one is developing packs/mods/etc for both versions)

There is also the issue that certain tings are doable in only one version (or are done in quite different ways) so having both would allow eperiencng a wider range of maps etc.

[All of which ignores the inherent superiority of the java edition… 😇]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome